Thursday, March 26, 2015

Sylvia's first doll



Somehow, we went 18 months without buying a doll. She didn't seem to care, and I didn't think much about it. But today, we were at a consignment sale buying summer clothes for Sylvia, and she zoomed in on this stroller and the big glitzy Elsa doll in it. I talked her into choosing a different doll, and the moment she picked this one up (after turning down several others), they were best friends. The car ride home, dinner tonight, story time - all were done while hugging "Dolly." I guess she's been wanting a doll!

4 comments:

  1. It is incredible what they notice. She is posing next to her baby, much like you and Paul do :) Wow!!! Love it! Congrats on the first baby doll Sylvia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, you're totally right! I was wondering what inspired that! And now I'm relieved to realize she's also just been hugging and kissing her dolly, and not telling it "No!" or "Don't touch that!" :) Commence the start of me judging my parenting by how Sylvia treats her toys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super AWW!!! (And it's nice that pushing that stroller kept her busy for a little while, wasn't it? :) )

    ReplyDelete