Thursday, February 15, 2018

Levi's little game

The first game Levi invented was a total surprise. He was perched on my left hip one day (when he was first newly a hip baby), and he just swung himself around and grinned up at my face. It was hilarious. He still does it occasionally, even though he weighs about 28 pounds now and it changes my center of gravity. 

A couple of weeks ago I was kneeling on the floor playing with him when he ran behind me, put his little hands on my back, and then he waited. Finally I realized I was supposed to peek at him over my shoulder. He giggled and danced and leaned slightly the other way so I'd peek at him over my other shoulder. I love this game. Every time he does it I feel him practically vibrating with excitement, waiting for me to look over my shoulder. 

But I think I might have accidentally ended that game today -- because I started reaching behind me and lifting him onto my back and tickling him, which he totally loves, of course. He'll probably want to do that every time instead! I can't believe how fast these little things come and go in a baby's life. 

A conversation we've had a few times lately, with slight variations:

Levi: Stuffens!
Me: No, sweetie, we're not watching Doc McStuffens right now.
Levi: NO! I WANT WATCH STUFFENS!
Me: Levi, want to build a block tower?
Levi: Okay!

His latest vocabulary:

Ster! (I want to go upstairs/downstairs)
Beck! (I want to read a book)
Snoonie! (I want a smoothie)
S'okay. 
Tum. (I want to do that one more time.)
Turn. (I want a turn.) 
Chock-it (I want chocolate - or - I want chalk)

He's actually really good at turns all of a sudden, if you explain to him in the moment that he and Sylvia are going to take turns at something. (If you don't explain it, he fights hard to keep her from getting to do what he wants to do!)


No comments:

Post a Comment