Friday, May 12, 2017

Mother's Day, early

Today I went to pick up Sylvia from school and was totally surprised to find that she had made a mug for me (scribbled all over with pink and purple marker) and a card. The card was a fill-in-the-blank about Mom, and as we sat together at home in the kitchen and I read aloud what she had filled in, she smiled and nodded in the most endearing and sweet way, very proud and happy with her answers. It was one of those moments that remind me there is a lot more to motherhood and parenting than the day-to-day things I sometimes rush through or worry over. There are magic things like this, where your child's view of you is reflected back at you. It's humbling and surprising and incredibly precious. I don't ever want to forget it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment